No two smiles are the same! At our Winnipeg dental office, we take the time to get to know every smile individually. Ensuring our patients, new and otherwise, are comfortable and informed is our top priority. We’re here to answer your questions and understand your smile goals so we can craft a tailored dental health plan for you. The entire dental team at Advanced Dental Arts prides themselves on being well-versed in the latest techniques and technology. We strive to use the least invasive and most effective treatments to benefit your smile.
We recommend that new patients come in for a comprehensive exam as their first visit to our office. A comprehensive exam gives the dentist time to address your main concerns and develop a customized treatment plan based on your needs.
The comprehensive exam itself takes about 60 minutes and typically includes the following steps:
- Digital pictures: we want to get a proper look at what needs to be addressed behind the scenes.
- Cosmetic evaluation: we’ll go over any concerns we notice on the digital pictures with you and talk about your smile goals.
- X-rays: some cavities and bone infections aren’t visible without certain x-rays, we may request to take x-rays at your first visit.
- Periodontal (gum) evaluation: we’ll then take a look at your gums with our periodontal (gum) evaluation and help show you the proper, effective way to brush and floss your teeth to help maintain good gum health.
- Oral cancer screening: an examination of the inside of your mouth, including the cheeks, gums, roof, and tongue along with the skin around your mouth for any possible areas of concern
- Cavity detection/filling evaluation: looking at your teeth and old fillings – catching things early is always beneficial in terms of treatments and costs.
- TMJ exam: gently placing the jaw joint in a variety of positions to check for muscle tenderness or tension, checking for signs of grinding or clenching, looking at muscle strength and your bit, and listening for any abnormal jaw popping or clicking sounds.
When coming in for your first visit, we request you arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. This gives us time to ensure we have all your information in our system. We recommend completing our New Patient Medical form and Doctor & Patient Commitment form online prior to your appointment. We also request that you bring your health insurance card if you have one.
Our office is fully wheelchair accessible and offers four (4) designated parking spots out front. There is additional parking available on the side streets.
We accept all major credit cards and offer direct billing to most insurance companies. At our office, we also offer financing so that you can get the treatment you need now, and pay over time. Ask us for more information!
Can't find what you're looking for or have more questions for us?