We are always welcoming new patients!
No two smiles are the same, so we take the time to get to know every smile individually. For new patients coming to our office for the first time, we want to ensure you are comfortable and informed. We’re here to answer your questions and understand your smile goals so we can craft a tailored dental health plan for you. The entire dental staff at Advanced Dental Arts prides themselves on being well-versed in the latest techniques and technology. We strive to use the least invasive and most effective treatments to benefit your smile.
Give us a call to learn about our current new patient offer!
What does a new patients first appointment look like?
We like to do a comprehensive exam on your first visit. This allows us to address your main concerns and develop a customized treatment plan based on your needs.
The comprehensive exam itself takes about 60 minutes and typically includes the following steps:
- Digital pictures: we want to get a proper look at what needs to be addressed behind the scenes.
- Cosmetic evaluation: we’ll go over any concerns we notice on the digital pictures with you and talk about your smile goals.
- X-rays: some cavities and bone infections aren’t visible without certain x-rays, we may request to take x-rays at your first visit.
- Periodontal (gum) evaluation: we’ll then take a look at your gums with our periodontal (gum) evaluation and help show you the proper, effective way to brush and floss your teeth to help maintain good gum health.
- Oral cancer screening: an examination of the inside of your mouth, including the cheeks, gums, roof and tongue along with the skin around your mouth for any possible areas of concern
- Cavity detection/filling evaluation: looking at your teeth and old fillings – catching things early is always beneficial in terms of treatments and costs.
- TMJ exam: gently placing the jaw joint in a variety of positions to check for muscle tenderness or tension, checking for signs of grinding or clenching, looking at muscle strength and your bit and listening for any abnormal jaw popping or clicking sounds.
What should I bring to my first appointment?
For new patients, we request that you arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment. This gives us time to ensure we have all your information in our system. We recommend completing our New Patient Medical form and Doctor & Patient Commitment form online prior to your appointment and make sure to bring your health insurance card if you have one.
Where do I park?
We have four (4) designated parking spots out front of our office, as well as parking available on the side streets. We are wheelchair accessible.
Which insurance do you accept?
We accept most insurance coverage and can direct bill as long as your plan is assignable to the office.
Our goal is to work with you to understand your insurance benefits to ensure you maximize the benefits you have.
What if I don’t have insurance?
We are happy to offer financing so that you can get the treatment you need now, and pay over time. Ask us for more information!
Can't find what you're looking for or have more questions for us?