No matter what your age, dental health is always important.
As a leading family dentistry clinic in Winnipeg, we have the knowledge and skills to help you keep your smile beautiful, whether you are 3 years old or 80 years old. From basic hygiene to CT scans (three dimensional x-rays) and beyond, we look forward to being your local family dentist.
It’s not all about looks
A pretty smile is great, but a confident smile is a thing of beauty. At Advanced Dental Arts, we take everything into consideration to ensure that our patients maintain great dental health, as well as optimal overall health.
We offer a full range of oral hygiene and preventive dentistry to help keep you smiling.
- Regular 6-month cleanings and exams: Teeth cleanings and regular 6-month exams are an important part of maintaining dental health and ensures we have the opportunity to monitor the health of your mouth.
- Fluoride treatments: This is an important factor to combat cavities and is used for adults as well as children who are cavity-prone.
- Cavity checks and fillings: We specialize in identifying and treating cavities with fillings for people of all ages.
- Gum disease treatment: A common issue in adults, we treat gum disease with scaling and root planing. In some instances, antibiotics are also used to deal with cases of gum disease. Periodontal maintenance involves more frequent scaling and root planing intervals to keep the disease under control.
- Wisdom tooth extraction: We do simple wisdom tooth extractions in the office.
Children’s dental care
We believe that when good oral hygiene habits start early in life, confidence will follow. We can assist in educating your children about flossing and brushing without instilling fear or anxiety. When it comes to family dental health, we want your children to walk the walk, talk the talk, and feel good doing it. Most parents aren’t aware that if they have untreated cavities, they can pass the cavity causing bacteria on to their children, which can ultimately commit their child/children to a lifetime of dental problems. Proper dental health and dental care is important at every age.
It’s recommended that your child’s first visit take place within six months of the eruption of the first tooth or by one year of age, to ensure any small problems can be caught early. It’s a good opportunity to understand if the cleaning you’re doing at home is working and we can answer any questions you may have.
X-rays may be requested in some cases so that we can take a look at any decay between the teeth and also ensure that teeth are coming in the way that they should – we want to keep an eye on any risk of crooked or crowded teeth! In cases where there may be a higher risk of childhood tooth decay, we may also want to discuss fluoride for your child.
A dental plan tailored to you
We know that each patient is unique, which is why we take the time to learn about your dental and medical history to ensure that any treatments provided are the right ones for you.
We truly are here to make your family smile!
Ready to book a consultation? Contact us.
To learn more about our services or to book an appointment, contact us today!