If you are missing a tooth, dental implants may be a solution for you to help bring back your confidence in your smile. A beautiful smile can help improve your self-esteem, because when you feel good about yourself, it shows.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is an artificial root made of titanium metal, which is inserted into the jawbone to replace the root of the natural tooth. Once in place, an artificial replacement tooth is attached to the implant. The implant acts as an anchor to hold the replacement tooth in place.
Why would someone need implant dentistry?
If you have dentures, partials or missing teeth, implant dentistry can be the key to restoring your beautiful, natural smile. Dental implants can be a perfect solution to problems such as:
- Dentures or partials that you dislike wearing
- Teeth that move around when you talk and try to eat
- A choking feeling each time you put your dentures or partials in your mouth
- Visible silver hooks when you smile
- Food that gets caught under the dentures and partials and you have to take them out to clean
Who can get dental implants?
Dental implants can be performed on an individual in good general health with healthy gums and enough bone in the jaw to hold an implant.
What are the benefits of implant dentistry?
The benefits of implant dentistry are vast. Implant dentistry is a great way to help you achieve the smile of your dreams and dental implants can also help in many other ways, such as:
- Improved Oral Health: More of your own teeth are left intact, improving your long-term oral health. Individual Implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
- Increased self-esteem: Dental Implants can give you back your smile, and help you feel better about yourself.
- Improved speech: Implants allow you to speak without the worry that your teeth might slip, which can sometimes happen with dentures.
- Improved Comfort: Implants eliminate the discomfort experienced with removable dentures.
- Improved Appearance: Implants look and feel like your own teeth.
- Easier to Eat: Sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental Implants function like your natural teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
How long do dental implants last?
Dental Implants are very durable and last for many years – and with good care, many even last a lifetime.
How much do dental implants cost?
Our office follows the dental fee guides set out by the Manitoba Dental Association.
Ready to book a consultation? Contact us.
To learn more about our services or to book a consultation, contact us today!